SMTP - new method
|Target version:||next minor|
I would like to add the following method to smtp.rb command dispatcher section.
The reset command tells the mail server that the current mail transaction should be aborted.¶
#6 Updated by Shugo Maeda over 1 year ago
- Assignee changed from Minero Aoki to Yusuke Endoh
drbrain (Eric Hodel) wrote:
May I apply this?
Sasada-san told me that Aoki-san is neutral about this issue, and asked my take as a maintainer of Net::IMAP.
I think it's nice Net::SMTP to have a new method for the RSET command, but what do you think of it, Endo-san?
If permission is granted by Endo-san, there's one consideration about the method name.
The originally proposed method name is
reset', but the method name in the Eric's patch isrset'.
I think `rset' is better, because other methods of Net::STMP have the same names as the SMTP command names.
#11 Updated by Eric Hodel about 1 year ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r39729.
art , thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- lib/net/smtp.rb: Added Net::SMTP#rset method to implement the SMTP RSET command. [ruby-trunk - Feature #5373]
- NEWS: ditto.
- test/net/smtp/test_smtp.rb: Test for the above.