SMTP - new method
I would like to add the following method to smtp.rb command dispatcher section.
The reset command tells the mail server that the current mail transaction should be aborted.¶
Updated by shugo (Shugo Maeda) over 7 years ago
- Assignee changed from aamine (Minero Aoki) to mame (Yusuke Endoh)
drbrain (Eric Hodel) wrote:
May I apply this?
Sasada-san told me that Aoki-san is neutral about this issue, and asked my take as a maintainer of Net::IMAP.
I think it's nice Net::SMTP to have a new method for the RSET command, but what do you think of it, Endo-san?
If permission is granted by Endo-san, there's one consideration about the method name.
The originally proposed method name is
reset', but the method name in the Eric's patch isrset'.
I think `rset' is better, because other methods of Net::STMP have the same names as the SMTP command names.
Updated by drbrain (Eric Hodel) about 7 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r39729.
art , thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
- lib/net/smtp.rb: Added Net::SMTP#rset method to implement the SMTP RSET command. [ruby-trunk - Feature #5373]
- NEWS: ditto.
- test/net/smtp/test_smtp.rb: Test for the above.