File.extname documentation fix
The documentation says that File.extname returns the portion of the filename after the period, while the actual output includes the period. Update the documentation to reflect this.
- file.c (File.extname): Documentation for extname on dotfiles and files ending with a dot. Also, added example for this. [Bug #7112]
git-svn-id: svn+ssh://ci.ruby-lang.org/ruby/trunk@37749 b2dd03c8-39d4-4d8f-98ff-823fe69b080e
#1 [ruby-core:47853] Updated by Eregon (Benoit Daloze) over 5 years ago
There are a few special cases:
- dotfiles (e.g.: ".hidden") have "" for extname and ".hidden" for basename.
- files ending with a dot report "" as extname (done by rb_file_s_extname())
- looking at ruby_enc_find_extname(), the part after ':' is not kept for NTFS paths.
#6 Updated by zzak (Zachary Scott) over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100