File.extname documentation fix
|ruby -v:||ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-linux]||Backport:|
The documentation says that File.extname returns the portion of the filename after the period, while the actual output includes the period. Update the documentation to reflect this.
#1 Updated by Benoit Daloze over 1 year ago
There are a few special cases:
- dotfiles (e.g.: ".hidden") have "" for extname and ".hidden" for basename.
- files ending with a dot report "" as extname (done by rbfilesextname())
- looking at rubyencfindextname(), the part after ':' is not kept for NTFS paths.
#6 Updated by Zachary Scott over 1 year ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100