File.extname documentation fix
|ruby -v:||ruby 1.9.3p194 (2012-04-20 revision 35410) [x86_64-linux]||Backport:|
The documentation says that File.extname returns the portion of the filename after the period, while the actual output includes the period. Update the documentation to reflect this.
- file.c (File.extname): Documentation for extname on dotfiles and files ending with a dot. Also, added example for this. [Bug #7112]
#1 Updated by Benoit Daloze almost 3 years ago
There are a few special cases:
- dotfiles (e.g.: ".hidden") have "" for extname and ".hidden" for basename.
- files ending with a dot report "" as extname (done by rb_file_s_extname())
- looking at ruby_enc_find_extname(), the part after ':' is not kept for NTFS paths.
#6 Updated by Zachary Scott almost 3 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100