Rdoc for obj.object_id
Documentation for return type of obj.object_id is wrong on Windows x64.
Here is a patch:
diff --git a/gc.c b/gc.c.new
index d52208d..2a0f26a 100644
@@ -1670,8 +1670,8 @@ id2ref(VALUE obj, VALUE objid)
- Document-method: object_id *
- * obj.id -> fixnum
- * obj.object_id -> fixnum
- * obj.id -> integer
- * obj.object_id -> integer *
- Returns an integer identifier for obj. The same number will
- be returned on all calls to id for a given object, and
- gc.c: Documentation for GC, GC::Profiler, ObjectSpace, and ObjectSpace::WeakMap [Bug #7449]
git-svn-id: svn+ssh://ci.ruby-lang.org/ruby/trunk@37987 b2dd03c8-39d4-4d8f-98ff-823fe69b080e
#3 [ruby-core:50248] Updated by luislavena (Luis Lavena) over 5 years ago
zzak (Zachary Scott) wrote:
Luis, can you confirm this on windows?
I don't think the Windows part is relevant but the documentation mistake.
You can confirm this here:
It says "Returns an integer identifier for obj" but then it says fixnum.
I've assigned to Eric Hodel to confirm is a bug in the documentation (or not) and act accordingly.
#7 Updated by zzak (Zachary Scott) over 5 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100