mkmf does not include include paths from pkg_config anymore
#6504 does that, for cpp files
$CFLAGS is not used anymore, so the problems are the include paths:
- there is no
$CXXFLAGSglobal variable defined
- pkg_config does not add the includes paths to the correct
so my gems are currently broken for ruby trunk and if i fix that it may be broken for the older ruby
Updated by nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Open to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
Applied in changeset r47457.
mkmf.rb: --cflags to $CXXFLAGS
- lib/mkmf.rb (MakeMakefile#pkg_config): append --cflags to also $CXXFLAGS, as they are often used by C++ compiler. [ruby-core:54532] [Bug #8315]
Updated by nagachika (Tomoyuki Chikanaga) over 6 years ago
Sorry, r47587 breaks build of digests/*.
I overlooked r44459 and r44460 because they seems a new feature (and there's no ticket for these commits).
But I think r44459 is rather a bug fix for degrade introduced by r39994.
I additionally backported r44459 and r44470 to check if they fix build error on RubyCI.
usa san, how do you think?
ruby_2_0_0 includes r39994 too.
Updated by usa (Usaku NAKAMURA) over 6 years ago
- Backport changed from 2.0.0: REQUIRED, 2.1: DONE to 2.0.0: DONE, 2.1: DONE
ruby_2_0_0 at r47609.
I think that r44459 (and r44470) is a bug fix (lack of specification or implementation).
Thank you for information.