The next dev meeting¶
Date: 2020/03/16 13:00-17:00
- Dev meeting IS NOT a decision-making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker.
- Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly.
- Matz is a very busy person. Take this opportunity to ask him. If you can not attend, other attendees can ask instead of you (if attendees can understand your issue).
- We will write a log about the discussion to a file or to each ticket in English.
- All activities are best-effort (keep in mind that most of us are volunteer developers).
- The date, time and place are scheduled according to when/where we can reserve Matz's time.
- DO NOT discuss then on this ticket, please.
Call for agenda items¶
If you have a ticket that you want matz and committers to discuss, please post it into this ticket in the following format:
* [Ticket ref] Ticket title (your name) * Comment (A summary of the ticket, why you put this ticket here, what point should be discussed, etc.)
* [Feature #14609] `Kernel#p` without args shows the receiver (ko1) * I feel this feature is very useful and some people say :+1: so let discuss this feature.
- Comment deadline: 2020/03/09 (one week before the meeting)
- The format is strict. We'll use this script to automatically create an markdown-style agenda. We may ignore a comment that does not follow the format.
- Your comment is mandatory. We cannot read all discussion of the ticket in a limited time.
Updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) 8 months ago
- [Bug #16175] Object#clone(freeze: true) is inconsistent with Object#clone(freeze: false) (jeremyevans0)
- Do we want Object#clone(freeze: true) to return a frozen clone if receiver is unfrozen?
- [Feature #15357] Proc#parameters returns incomplete type information (jeremyevans0)
- Can we add a :lambda keyword argument to Proc#parameters using the patch, returning results as if the proc was a lambda proc?
Updated by alanwu (Alan Wu) 8 months ago
- [Bug #16677] Negative integer powered (**) to a float number results in a complex (alanwu)
-2 ** 2is parsed as
-(2 ** 2)but
-2.itself ** 2is parsed as
((-2).itself) ** 2which seems inconsistent to me
(-2 ** 2) == (-(2 ** 2)), I expected
(-2.itself ** 2) == (-(2.itself ** 2))but that is not the case
- The parsing rules around whether
-is part of a literal or a use of the unary minus operator seems weird
- Curious what others think about this
Updated by byroot (Jean Boussier) 7 months ago
- [Bug #16689] [BUG] try to mark T_NONE object (byroot)
- Cause Ruby to crash when the heap gets past a certain size.
- Looks like a bug in GC
- This is a total blocker for us to upgrade to 2.7.x
- [Bug #16682] Ruby 2.7.0p0 crash on exit if there is an active RUBY_INTERNAL_EVENT_GC_EXIT tracepoint (byroot)
- Can more easily be worked around.
- alanwu has a patch for it https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/2959
- [Bug #16497] StringIO#internal_encoding is broken (more severely in 2.7) (zverok)
- This bug cause a lot of backward compatibility issues for people upgrading to 2.7
- I might have a patch for it: https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/2960