Removed the bundled sources from release package after Ruby 3.2
We shipped release package with the 3rd party source for mswin environment especially.
The current status is here:
- libyaml: psych gem, ruby repo and package always bundled it.
- libffi: only ruby package bundled it. fiddle gem and repo are not bundled.
- zlib: gem, ruby repo and package don't bundled.
I propose we stop bundling the third-party source for security and maintenance reasons. Because we have vcpkg for mswin environment today. So, vcpkg provides the runtime for psych, fiddle and zlib.
Updated by hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA) 4 months ago
- Assignee set to hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA)
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
We decided on the following policy.
- We will remove the bundled sources from ruby repo.
- @hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA) is working now for psych and fiddle.
- If users put the third-party source under the ruby packages, ruby build system use them.