Set DoNotReverseLookup to true in Webrick
I often find it annoying that it is too slow to test my web applications from VirtualBox because Webrick will try to do reverse lookup and I have set the names directly in the hosts file, so a reverse lookup will always time out.
Also I can't find a simple way for setting this behavior in a global way for all my rubies installed.
Could we please try to improve this behavior? I'm certainly not the first one to complain about this...
Updated by drbrain (Eric Hodel) almost 10 years ago
- File webrick.do_not_reverse_lookup.patch webrick.do_not_reverse_lookup.patch added
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
- Assignee set to nahi (Hiroshi Nakamura)
- Target version changed from 1.9.3 to 2.0.0
Here is a patch to disable reverse lookup by default.
I don't think this can be backported to ruby 1.9.3 since it is a behavior change.
Updated by naruse (Yui NARUSE) almost 6 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed