Set DoNotReverseLookup to true in Webrick
I often find it annoying that it is too slow to test my web applications from VirtualBox because Webrick will try to do reverse lookup and I have set the names directly in the hosts file, so a reverse lookup will always time out.
Also I can't find a simple way for setting this behavior in a global way for all my rubies installed.
Could we please try to improve this behavior? I'm certainly not the first one to complain about this...
#1 [ruby-core:45527] Updated by Eric Hodel over 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Hiroshi Nakamura
- Target version changed from 1.9.3 to 2.0.0
- File webrick.do_not_reverse_lookup.patch View added
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
Here is a patch to disable reverse lookup by default.
I don't think this can be backported to ruby 1.9.3 since it is a behavior change.
#5 Updated by Yui NARUSE 4 months ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed