Set DoNotReverseLookup to true in Webrick
I often find it annoying that it is too slow to test my web applications from VirtualBox because Webrick will try to do reverse lookup and I have set the names directly in the hosts file, so a reverse lookup will always time out.
Also I can't find a simple way for setting this behavior in a global way for all my rubies installed.
Could we please try to improve this behavior? I'm certainly not the first one to complain about this...
- lib/webrick/config.rb (WEBrick::Config::General): disable reverse lookup by default. [Feature #6559] Socket.do_not_reverse_lookup is true by default but WEBrick overwrote it. patch by Eric Hodel
git-svn-id: svn+ssh://ci.ruby-lang.org/ruby/trunk@55881 b2dd03c8-39d4-4d8f-98ff-823fe69b080e
#1 [ruby-core:45527] Updated by drbrain (Eric Hodel) almost 6 years ago
- File webrick.do_not_reverse_lookup.patch webrick.do_not_reverse_lookup.patch added
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
- Assignee set to nahi (Hiroshi Nakamura)
- Target version changed from 1.9.3 to 2.0.0
Here is a patch to disable reverse lookup by default.
I don't think this can be backported to ruby 1.9.3 since it is a behavior change.
#5 Updated by naruse (Yui NARUSE) almost 2 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed