IMAPTest#test_imaps_with_ca_file test failed after 2014-01-01.
The test IMAPTest#test_imaps_with_ca_file failed with the following error after 2014-01-01 on all platforms in rubyci.org
OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_write: certificate verify failed
block in send_command'mon_synchronize'
I found the cause of this failure is due to the expired certificate validity period.
The current validity period is defined as
Not Before: Dec 23 10:23:52 2010 GMT
Not After : Jan 1 10:23:52 2014 GMT
Found in test/net/imap/server.crt and test/net/imap/cacert.pem
Updated by nobu (Nobuyoshi Nakada) over 6 years ago
- Category set to test
- Status changed from Open to Assigned
- Assignee set to shugo (Shugo Maeda)
- Target version set to 2.2.0
- Backport changed from 1.9.3: UNKNOWN, 2.0.0: UNKNOWN, 2.1: UNKNOWN to 1.9.3: REQUIRED, 2.0.0: REQUIRED, 2.1: REQUIRED
Updated by tmm1 (Aman Gupta) over 6 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
This issue was solved with changeset r44488.
Heesob, thank you for reporting this issue.
Your contribution to Ruby is greatly appreciated.
May Ruby be with you.
test/net/imap/test_imap.rb: fix test failures due to expired certs
- test/net/imap/cacert.pem: generate new CA cert, since the last one expired. [Bug #9341] [ruby-core:59459]
- test/net/imap/server.crt: new server cert signed with updated CA.
- test/net/imap/Makefile: add
make regen_certsto automate this process.