The next dev meeting¶
Date: 2020/04/10 13:00-17:00
- Dev meeting IS NOT a decision-making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker.
- Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly.
- Matz is a very busy person. Take this opportunity to ask him. If you can not attend, other attendees can ask instead of you (if attendees can understand your issue).
- We will write a log about the discussion to a file or to each ticket in English.
- All activities are best-effort (keep in mind that most of us are volunteer developers).
- The date, time and place are scheduled according to when/where we can reserve Matz's time.
- DO NOT discuss then on this ticket, please.
Call for agenda items¶
If you have a ticket that you want matz and committers to discuss, please post it into this ticket in the following format:
* [Ticket ref] Ticket title (your name) * Comment (A summary of the ticket, why you put this ticket here, what point should be discussed, etc.)
* [Feature #14609] `Kernel#p` without args shows the receiver (ko1) * I feel this feature is very useful and some people say :+1: so let discuss this feature.
- Comment deadline: 2020/04/03 (one week before the meeting)
- The format is strict. We'll use this script to automatically create an markdown-style agenda. We may ignore a comment that does not follow the format.
- Your comment is mandatory. We cannot read all discussion of the ticket in a limited time.
Updated by greggzst (Grzegorz Jakubiak) over 3 years ago
- [Feature #16428] Add
- it seems to be an easier solution to check directly if an enumerable is uniq instead of using uniq with other means
- [Feature #15166] 2.5 times faster implementation than current gcd implmentation (greggzst)
- (mame: dummy comment. Please follow the format strictly)
- [Feature #13436] Improve performance of
- performance in general
Updated by palkan (Vladimir Dementyev) over 3 years ago
- [Bug #16660]
Struct#deconstruct_keysinconsistent behavior (palkan)
- Any feedback on the proposed behaviour in the first comment
[GitHub#2948] Optimize array pattern checktype (palkan)
- Curios to know whether there is some ongoing work on pattern matching improvement and is Ruby Core interested in any help in improving its performance.