The next dev meeting¶
Date: 2021/09/16 13:00-17:00
- Dev meeting IS NOT a decision-making place. All decisions should be done at the bug tracker.
- Dev meeting is a place we can ask Matz, nobu, nurse and other developers directly.
- Matz is a very busy person. Take this opportunity to ask him. If you can not attend, other attendees can ask instead of you (if attendees can understand your issue).
- We will write a log about the discussion to a file or to each ticket in English.
- All activities are best-effort (keep in mind that most of us are volunteer developers).
- The date, time and place are scheduled according to when/where we can reserve Matz's time.
- DO NOT discuss then on this ticket, please.
Call for agenda items¶
If you have a ticket that you want matz and committers to discuss, please post it into this ticket in the following format:
* [Ticket ref] Ticket title (your name) * Comment (A summary of the ticket, why you put this ticket here, what point should be discussed, etc.)
* [Feature #14609] `Kernel#p` without args shows the receiver (ko1) * I feel this feature is very useful and some people say :+1: so let discuss this feature.
- It is recommended to add a comment by 2021/09/13. We hold a preparatory meeting to create an agenda a few days before the dev-meeting.
- The format is strict. We'll use this script to automatically create an markdown-style agenda. We may ignore a comment that does not follow the format.
- Your comment is mandatory. We cannot read all discussion of the ticket in a limited time. We appreciate it if you could write a short summary and update from a previous discussion.
Updated by zverok (Victor Shepelev) 2 months ago
- [Feature #18136]
- I have proposed it once a long time ago, but those examples were convoluted; now I came with clearer ones and explanations of the usefulness.
- I am ready to work on the PR, if accepted.
Updated by kou (Kouhei Sutou) about 2 months ago
- [Feature #18143] Add a new method to change
GC.stressonly in the given block such as
- This feature is generally useful for debugging GC related problems and writing tests for them.
- We don't need to implement the same feature multiple times if
GCprovides the feature by default.
Updated by shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe) about 2 months ago
Updated by byroot (Jean Boussier) about 2 months ago
- [Feature #18148]
- Useful to deserialize static data that is meant to stay in memory.
- Useful for in-memory caches.
MessagePackall added a similar option in the last couple years.
- [Bug #18141] Marshal load with proc yield strings before they are fully initialized
- UTF-8 strings are yielded as
ASCII-8BITbecause their encoding isn't set yet.
- If the
procfreeze the string,
- UTF-8 strings are yielded as
Updated by hsbt (Hiroshi SHIBATA) about 2 months ago
- How about these proposals? Does anyone have an objections for them?
Updated by jeremyevans0 (Jeremy Evans) about 1 month ago
- [Bug #15027] When Struct#each method is overriden Struct#select and Struct#to_a use wrong collections (jeremyevans0)
- Do we want methods like Struct#select to internally call #each (at least if #each is overridden)? (I'm against making such a change)
- [Bug #11182] Refinement with alias causes strange behavior (jeremyevans0)
- I think the current behavior of alias is expected and is not a bug. Can this be closed?
- [Bug #17568] Thread.handle_interrupt is per-Thread but should probably be per-Fiber (jeremyevans0)
- Do we want to make Thread.handle_interrupt a per-Fiber setting?
- Seems confusing to me to do so, considering it's a method defined on Thread.
- [Bug #17429] Prohibit include/prepend in refinement modules (jeremyevans0)
- [Bug #17048] Calling initialize_copy on live modules leads to crashes (jeremyevans0)
- It's still possible to hang the interpreter by calling Module#initialize_copy directly.
- Do we want to make changes in this area, or is OK to accept the current behavior and close this issue?
Updated by shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe) about 1 month ago
Updated by mame (Yusuke Endoh) about 1 month ago
shyouhei (Shyouhei Urabe) wrote in #note-11:
mame (Yusuke Endoh) wrote in #note-10:
How? Mine is not about a BTS ticket.
Please create a ticket. Alternatively, you can propose another good way to create an agenda markdown automatically.